Department: Electronic Test
Responsible to: Electrical Engineering and H&S Manager
Purpose of the role: To supervise the running of the Repair Facility and undertake diagnostics, testing and repairs on the electrical and electronic systems of CNC Machine Tool equipment. Job Based in repair workshop at HQ in Devon.
• Day to day running of the repair facility
• Organisation of work to maximise use of resources
• Development of processes, procedures and facilities to improve performance
• Monitoring and reporting of throughput
• Identifying training needs
• Health and Safety for the repair facility and its staff
• Fault finding to module level of electrical and electronic equipment.
• Fault finding to component level of simple PCB assemblies
• Repair of electrical and electronic equipment by module and/or component replacement
• Testing of repaired PCB assemblies, electrical and electronic equipment
• Processing repair paperwork
• Technical assistance (via telephone) to Service Engineers attending Customers’ machines.
• Assisting production department in diagnosing faults on new build machines
• Fault finding and repairs on showroom machines
Need to know:
• Supervisory skills
• Competent in the use of basic electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope)
• Practical electrical and electronic skills (wiring, soldering, crimping)
• Basic electrical power systems knowledge (including power supplies, motors and motor drives)
• Basic electronic and embedded computer systems knowledge.
• Practical mechanical skills (simple mechanical assembly and fitting)
Show commitment to the business through attitude and timekeeping
Continually appraise existing practices and suggest improvements
Keep work area clean and tidy
Wear protective footwear and workshop uniform provided by Company
Work safely and follow all Company Health and Safety arrangements. Use PPE as appropriate.
Act professionally when dealing with other departments, external Customers and visitors.
If you are interested in the above then please apply in writing to Paul Curry, listing all relevant experience and qualification.
Closing date for applications is 4th August 2017