We are the UK’s largest supplier of CNC machine tools. Our headquarters are based in a modern 59,000 square foot factory less than 4 minutes from junction 27 of the M5 motorway.
The stores office is a key department within our company housing over £ 2 million of stock and supplying machinery parts to our service department, production department as well as customers.
We have a vacancy for someone to assist in the running of this busy department. We need a quality person who will need to be enthusiastic, show initiative and willing to undertake a range of work. A previous background in engineering would be an advantage although not essential. You will need to be able to speak confidently both face to face and on the phone.
Main Job activities:
- Picking, packing.
- Receiving goods inwards, quality checking, storage and booking in.
- Raising purchase orders and negotiating with suppliers.
- Raising sales orders.
- Fork lift driving.
- Maintaining a computerised stock ledger.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Counting and checking stock.
- Dealing with customer enquiries, quoting and raising sales orders.
- Some lifting required.
- Other activities include; COSHH, updating our on-line web shop, export documentation and general business administration.
Full training will be given to the right candidate.
- Computer literate.
- Keen eye for details.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Customer service focused
- Educated to at least GCSE level or higher.
- Confident in dealing with people both face to face and on the phone.
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications. Hours of Work: 08:15 – 17:00 Mon to Thurs, 08:30 – 15:00 Fridays (39 hours)
Applications with full CV to
XYZ Machine Tools Ltd
Woodlands Business Park
Devon, EX16 7LL